Friday, June 24, 2011

To Mexico and back

I don't know if any of you have noticed but we added a ticker on this blog to see how many people are checking it out. There's been over 1300 in a 24 hour period! I'm a little intimated to post with all of you readers. But we all want to support our friends so I'll do my best to keep you updated on how they're doing.
Its been an eventful week for Robi and Amber. They drove to Los Angeles on Tuesday, San Diego on Wednesday, Mexico on Thursday, back to Los Angeles and home today. It makes me tired just to type that! They were able to meet with 4 different doctors and every day they are one step closer to finding the help they need. This blog and the Facebook links have just started this week (Tuesday I believe) so Rob and Amber have been on the road while receiving all of your love and support through emails, comments, donations, and etc. It's amazing to see how quickly everyone has responded and jumped on board to help Rob win this battle. It's been so inspiring to me as I watch everyone connect through love and service for this sweet family.
So what did they find out this week? Well, I will share what I know. The Mexican Clinics were really great. They felt comfortable there and the doctors were very compassionate. The patients at the clinics were very happy with their decision to be there. It's hopeful and a great option. Doctors aren't positive how to cure his cancer because it seems that no one has seen anything like this, BUT it doesn't mean they can't. Just because it's rare doesn't mean it's incurable.
At home, Amber juices all kinds of organic vegetables for him to eat. She's got so many carrots, brussels sprouts, asparagus, and stuff that I don't even know what it is in her juicer that he doesn't have time to get hungry. Her fridge looks like the produce section of the grocery store. You know he's having some interesting smoothies when wheat grass shots are a yummy treat. Last weekend they came out to the ranch for a little relaxation. I asked Rob if he wanted a sandwich from our cooler for dinner. He said "No thanks, Amber's going to go pick me some grass to eat in a minute". At least he's making jokes about it, right..?? :). Amber is taking such good care of him and it's really sweet to watch her. They love each other and they are great parents.
It's been a long week with ups and downs so they are happy to be home (well hopefully they are home by now. When I last talked to them they were stuck in LA traffic, but on their way). They've missed their girls and were anxious to see them. This week has given them options, finally! They have 1 more clinic to visit before making their decision on what route to take. They are excited to get started on a treatment but also relying on their faith to direct on the best path. MD Anderson is a fantastic clinic that they need to visit before making that final decision. So that was their week. Traveling around the world in search of some answers. At times, Robi's pain was so bad that he couldn't get out of the hotel bed and they had to miss appointments. But other times his pain let up and he kept on moving forward. Let's keep cheering him on and together we will win!! Follow the advice of Camille Roskelley and "Give your families an extra hug today, I know I will mine."

1 comment:

  1. I would love to host a Thirty-One fundraiser for you. If you aren't familiar with Thirty-one it's a Christian based company that sells bags, purses, totes, etc. All proceeds would go to Rob. Email me if interested. kelligood@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete